Tutorial with Chris

In our small group tutorial today, I had the opportunity to share my test shoot from last week with more people and receive further constructive criticism. We spoke about how the pink silky background fabric was an effective choice as it echoes the flow of her skin and with the soft focus each becomes indistinguishable from the other. If I were to repeat the shoot I would make sure to accentuate this concept further.

I was also able to share my subscription pack idea and the working design with my mock-up boxes. I was keen to hear everyone’s feedback on this and recieve ideas for references as packaging design is something I would like to further develop as a specialist skill. Chris recommended looking into the concept of Pandora’s box  in order to think about my design ideas for this project in a more abstract way. I began thinking how this mythological artifact could make me see the box of my ideas as a vessel for the unexpected. Maybe it is the case that this box contains nothing but completely blank white 3D objects inside and its the case that a phone app would unlock the full experience. There are lots of ways this path could take me and I will explore them further in my sketchbook.

Fig 1. mockup box, my own, Nov 2020.