Presentations with Chris

As art of our informal presentations today I shared my sketchbook with Chris and my group via teams. It was beneficial to the progression of my research as this is the first time I have shared my sketchbook. I was able to talk through the experimentation that I had taken out in my self isolation. I documented this visually in my sketchbook by creating a gif from a screen recording showing the process of using the QR code I produced.

Fig 1. Gif, my own, oct 2020.

Being in self-isolation I used a large screen to display a QR code to my neighbors/housemates who documented whether or not it worked scanning at distance and through the window. I used this opportunity to investigate how I could interact with an audience despite being isolated in some way that required a physical circumstance and was not solely online.

I was encouraged to think about how I might take it a step further to curate my own exhibition and how I would utilise social media in the most creative way possible to enhance the audience experience. Going forward I am going to investigate online platforms that I am not familiar with in order to see whether they could be used as a tool to enhance the experience of an exhibition that is both physical and digital in equal measure.