Performance Project.

Character Design

first designs:

After the talk that I and the rest of the character design team had I chose to work on the character of Mrs DeRopp. We decided a theme for all the characters that they would look quite creepy Tim Burton style approach. So I created these preliminary designs For Mrs DeRopp to show to the rest of the group and to chose which features work best.

Once we narrowed it down to the best two as a group I did a digital design of the character and also a design of the pantalone mask that I would use as a reference when making the the physics mask.

We decided to go with the choice of the pantalone mask so it wouldn’t restrict the movement of the actor mouths and also the voice would be clearly heard. I built up the mask using cotton wool instead of newspaper so it would not be too heavy and it is easy to mold into shape and paint.

Poster Design:

This is the poster I created for the production. I choice to use the coloursceme that we used in the actual production. I used the text and design of the ferret I changes the colour of the text so it would stand out more and I used the ferret over the whole poster as a ghost like figure. I decided to base the poster around the shrine of Sredni Vashtar because it is a big part of the performance without revealing too much but just enough that it’s intriguing.