BASES student conference – Newcastle 2018

The experience of one of our students this year, Luke Holland:

“The BASES student conference in Newcastle was a fantastic experience which exceeded my expectations and widened my breadth of knowledge in the world of sport physiology, sport psychology and nutrition. I was very fortunate, following my abstract submission, to showcase my MSc Applied Sport Physiology final project in front of 200+ Sport and Exercise Science students and staff where they asked inquisitive and challenging questions.

The keynote lecturers on both days were inspiring giving an in-depth detail of what their role was and the journey from when they started as BSc Sport and Exercise scientists. One of the keynote lecturers presented at the BASES student conference dinner at St James Park (home to Newcastle United football club).

If you are a budding second-year SES student planning about doing a dissertation to showcase in front of all the UK universities, a third year who has already completed their dissertation and possibly speculating about doing a Master’s degree or a post graduate student who has done or about to do exceptional work I would highly recommend going to next year’s BASES conference held in Dundee. If I could relive this experience all over again I would in a heartbeat.”