The University of Brighton is proud to have been chosen as one of just 10 institutions nationally, by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), to become a CIMPSA Higher Education Partner and take part in its two-year pilot scheme.
CIMSPA is the sport and physical activity sector’s chartered institute and the pilot will look to develop develop students’ employment prospects and recognition pathways for relevant study programmes.
Being a CIMPSA Higher Education Partner recognises our national standing in delivering sport courses and will also offer many benefits to our students. Alongside benefitting from CIMPSA guest lectures all sport and exercise students will receive student-affiliate status with CIMSPA which offers:
- an introduction to the sector’s chartered professional body
- support to develop skills and improve employability to facilitate a smooth transition to the workplace
- access to selected free recognised CPD eLearning through the CIMSPA Academy
- digital access to S&PA Professional, the quarterly CIMSPA magazine, and access to the magazine archive
- access to the CIMSPA online library and policy guidance collection
- CIMSPA bulletin – a carefully curated selection of sector reports, guidance, useful resources and news.
- Access to graduate work placement, volunteering and internships opportunities
- discounts on most Human Kinetics
The goal of the pilot scheme is to finalise a full endorsement and recognition process for UK sport and physical activity related degree programmes to enable and ensure employability for sport and physical activity-related degree programmes through partnership with the sector’s chartered professional body.
Professor Jonathan Doust, Head of the School of Sport and Service Management, chats to Latest TV about the benefits of being a CIMSPA HE Partner: