Making the most of The Careers Fair

Earlier this month the University of Brighton held its annual careers fair with the University of Sussex and lots of School of Sport and Service Management students took advantage of the opportunity.

The event took place at the Amex football stadium and featured over 120 organisations offering job, work-experience and volunteering opportunities in a wide range of sectors.

Exhibitors included Virgin Atlantic, Grand Hotel, Marks and Spencer, American Express and the Department for Education with advice zones covering careers and CV workshops as well as guidance on starting your own business.

Here’s what some of our students said about the careers fair:

“The Careers Fair opened my eyes and improved my knowledge on ways to develop my career, my career skills and future career.”

“The Careers Fair was a unique experience and I believe that everyone who participated has gained something out of it.”

“You got a general feeling of unity as you are all there to participate in the same motion of finding a potential employer and/or recruiting a potential employee.”

Find out more about upcoming career fairs.