Skip to content
Exploring future scenarios::
What if You Lived Fifty Years in the Future ?
*An insight into the possible future realities of life on earth.
- It feels as though the world is moving at a faster rate than ever.
- Smartphones are getting smarter.
- AI is becoming more intelligent.
- The environment seems to be getting worse year-on-year.
- Technology has developed drastically within the past decade.
- In 50 years we may even laugh at the fact that we once had to hold smartphones… the future lies within smart devices, worn by individuals, or chips embedded into objects such as contact lenses.
- In 50 years the average life expectancy will be between 80-90 years.
- The population triangle will appear more like a rectangle, with roughly the same amount of elder citizens as babies.
- The retirement age will increase; retirement homes will become full.
- Jobs will become harder to find.
- Graduates of the future can expect to live at home with their families for longer.
- AI is expected to be working 800 million of our former jobs by 2030.
- The world’s population will be at an all time high.
- Global population will be approximately 9 billion .
- Higher probability of food shortages.
- Crops will be harder to grow due to increasing temperatures.
- 70% of the world’s population will live in cities, resulting in crowding- leading to more diseases being spread and faster than ever.
- The Amazon rainforest will continue to be deforested.
- By 2068, half of the Amazon will be gone.
- Increasing climate change will render the remaining Amazon rainforest a “parched shrub-land.”
- Higher temperatures will result in polar ice caps melting to less than 50% of what they are today.
- The dead sea may live up to its name, as the water within it will continue to evaporate.
- Hurricanes will get a lot worse over the next 50 years.
- In the next 50 years, human’s will have begun colonising Mars.
- Possibility of a device where you can scan yourself to check if you have any diseases or illnesses – instead of attending the doctors or hospital.
- Body modifications to rise over the next 50 years.
- Customised babies that can be altered based on appearance, attitudes and behaviours.
- AI will be as smart as humans.
- Do not stress about the dramatic changes of the future, it is crucial to live in the present and be adaptive and resilient to everyday shifts towards a new life.