RSS Feed

#jiscel10 -JISC Online Conference Have a Go – Design Studio

October 25, 2010 by Robin Englebright   

Yesterday I looked at CompendiumLD, one of the items in the Have a Go area of the Online Conference. Following that same train of thought, around the processes relating to Curriculum design and delivery, I thought it worthwhile to examine the Design Studio, another attraction in the “Have a Go” sideshow. The Have a Go area has a recorded Elluminate tour of the Design Studio, given by Helen Beetham and Marianne Sheppard, giving an overview of the development and current direction. The Design Studio itself is a wiki based toolkit, gathering resources related to technology supported curriculum design and delivery. The tool is structured around the lifecycle of curriculum design, which will mean different things to those in FE than those in HE.
However everything is tagged, so locating useful assets is easy.

Resources aren’t stored in the wiki, but referenced and linked from it.

I browsed the Assets, and found a link to a project I was involved with at Becta: The Accessibility Passport generator. The idea was to help identify how accessible resources are,and provide guidance on how to improve their accessibility. I think the work around IMS Access for All 3 has great potential in this area, especially with the popularity of linked data.. but I digress.

The way the Design Studio aggregates useful resources reminded me of the early days of FERL, lots of fascinating things which compete for attention. Browsing further I came across details of the JISC Infokit on OER, which is also on show in the JISC Online Conference Have a Go area. I’ll have a look at that in more detail tomorrow.

The Conference runs from the 23rd – 26th November 2010, BUT the pre-conference activity and reading week opens on 16th November 2010 and offers a chance to become familiar with the conference environment and try out innovative JISC projects like Design Studio in the ‘have-a-go’area. See you there!

Book online – early registration advisable for full participation in the pre-conference week

www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/elearningpedagogy/elpconference10/booking

Delegate fee:£50

»