Digital Marketing “The Gym Group” Reflection

Introduction:

The Assignment required a group of five people to be formed in order to assist in improving and developing of a digital marketing campaign for a new or an emerging organisation .

The Beginning stages:

In the beginning stages our team had formed a group chat on “WhatsApp” in order to discuss and agree upon the tasks each of us would focus on in order to form our presentation.

Evernote was the first organisation of our choice , although the choice was later changed to “The Gym Group”.

The Gym group was the favoured choice as our team believed more information could be found about the organisation and their current marketing strategy, therefore possibly more ways in which it could be improved.

The Communication within group 23 was good in the beginning , although it faded over time until the very end. Nobody within group 23 reffered to Belbin team roles (Belbin,1981) therefore apart from the tasks that each individual focused on no actual team roles were assigned.

Unfortunately, no updates as to progression or deadlines of the assignment have been made although two groupchats have been put in place , therefore each individual of group 23 takes responsibility for lack of proper communication which was actually good in the beginning stages.

My Role:

For this assignment I chose to focus on Customer Marketplace Analysis,Competition , Partnership & Website Analysis. Through the resources that were available to me I created a Maretplace Map for “The GYM Group” it was interesting to learn how organisations create customer personas in order to have a better understanding of their potential target audience an why they would demand a specific product as well as how different search engines use specific keyword in order to connect customers with the destinations.

Throughout  the course of this task I have learned  how to use a variety of resources such as :similarweb , ibis in order to find data used for camparison and analysis. Furthermore , by looking at “The Gym Group” website in order to analyse it from a consultant’s perspective was an interesting experience as it  taught me how to look at different aspects of what makes a good webs and how it and how it could affect the overall experience of customers.

Personal Reflection:

In conclusion, I believe that this assignment could have worked out a lot better if each individual of group 23 communicated with eachother on regular basis , provided updates. Furthermore, organisation and a clear set of roles should have been put in place.

Personally, I prefer to work as an individual as then I am fully in control of my own triumpths and downfalls , although from my past experiences with working in groups I understood that each person is different and everyone will see things with their personal view therefore communication is crucial. Some experiences were better than others , although each experience brings its own benefits as long as we can learn from it.