A change of plan

I have decided to completely change the direction of my final major project, and it will not feed on from my research project. Since I now feel no passion towards the topic of gender neutral clothing as something else has taken my energy, resulting in me feeling entirely disconnected from my project. Instead, my FMP will feed on from a sudden change which has occurred in my life… I have been diagnosed with cancer.

When I was diagnosed the first thing I wanted to do was to find other young people who were going through the same thing, someone who I felt that I could relate too. I scoured the web for people who I could connect with and read content from, whether that be via a blog, a book, a documentary. But all I was faced with was terrifying content, things I didn’t want to see and people who I felt I couldn’t relate too. This is why my project will be all about documenting my journey and putting it out there for people to find, to relate too, to lift spirits and find the positives of their cancer journey.

I have decided that for my project I will be creating a charity for young women who are diagnosed with cancer. Women are offered little to no help with their appearence when diagnosed with cancer, and for many this is the hardest part and they suffer a confidence knock.

My aim is to create something which remains stylish, something which is current and personable.

I intend on helping girls with issues such as styling, beauty treatments, wigs and more.

Firstly I am going to research into other charities which already exist in order to point out where young women still need support, and also research into other forums which exist for other issues and why they are successful.