Album photo book/inset layout idea

For the album insert/ photo book i wanted to create a basic layout so i would know what content i would need to create to fit the pages and style.

I went onto Indesign and used their stock template – Modern Design look book layout – as a base idea however this was in the square shape to fit a regular CD case. I used this to create basic ideas and carried on to create a higher number of pages and then tried to change it to a A5 size booklet as this would be what i am wanting to create for the end display.

I have used a mixture of my own photos from my trip to SouthKorea having edited them a bit and made sure to use ones what show the cultures and correct colours to work with the paired photo on ten that i have chosen. For the moment i have just used photos of Ten from the internet, I will look into using edits or own content to fill the booklet with all my own work.

My next steps will be to revisit and get feedback off others, to print to see how colours look on paper types and finding ways to fit in more of my own work in form of photos.

ADOBE layout

Square my edit – full PDF linked – CD fold out idea 1

This was a good way for me to create a sort of flat plan to base my final idea off. I got see how the images would look on each page, look at spacing, use of text and colour. Looking at what worked best together and how i could adapt and change elements for a album photo-book that flowed and showed a story and concept.

A5 layout idea – full PDF linked  – album insert A5 idea 

Having gone in and adapted the flat plan to fit a A5 size booklet. Having adapted and changed images to work with concept ideas ands chosen colour scheme.

Looking at matching the photos to work best as a pair on each spread while still working as a whole. The next steps are to now look at my own photographs, graphics and illustrations to see what best fits the flat plan and album concept. I like the that i have been able to adapt and take style choses from research but keep the concept and personality of TEN running through this album book.