Mood boards

Initial mood boards, collecting images i liked the style off. Selection of mood boards covering album layouts, photography, Korean fashion and album art work.

The above mood boards are albums photo-books from k-pop genres. K-op albums are something i am very familiar with as this is the genre of music i listen to. The albums are a collectable item and contain a huge amount on content; Photo book (which is layout like a look book to showcase the albums concept), photocards and posters. There for, i would like to produce a album release with the style of k-pop and i believe it has a a variety of elements that i can showcase different skills.
      Mood board looking at album layouts

Mood boards looking at the album layout and content of albums from the k-pop genre. This style of album is something i am very aware of as its the style of music i listen to. The albums are collectable as many artists will have different versions of the album to display different content.   K-op albums include photo books (displayed like a look book to showcase the albums concept), Photocards (small picture of a member, different in each album – surprise) and posters. I would focus my album launch on this style of album as i believe with the content it allows me to show case a wider range of skills.

Mood boards showing the work of photographer Kim Hee June

Kim Hee June is one of my favourite photographers due to his aesthetic that i think is so strong you can see its his work even when its from different sources. Having worked with idols, magazines and online content. I would use his work as strong source of inspiration for my work.     

Mood board of Seoul Fashion Week

Looking at some of my favourite looks from Seoul Fashion Week and the trends that followed through the looks on the street throughout the week.  Layers, oversized items, smart mixed with street fashion, chains, colour, and accessories.

Mood board of Korean fashion magazine covers

Looking at some of my favourite magazines and the covers they have had over the years. What style they go for, how the do layout, graphics and styling. See what bits jump out to me and using this as a starting point for my own work.
Mood board of album artwork across genres.

Seeing what is most popular in album art work, the artist them selves or a graphic based cover. Again a chance for me to see where i can experiment and try new ideas for an album as i have not worked with graphics before.