Maria Dowsett

Fashion Communication at the University of Brighton

Final Reflection on my FMP

This term at uni has been an unexpected one and that has made me face a multitude of challenged I hadn’t necessarily been prepared for. Although I am happy with the work I managed to produce in lockdown, it has made my FMP take a slightly different turn to how I think it originally would have. There are positive outcomes from each shoot but most of them are far from perfect which is slightly frustrating as I would have liked to work on them more, and the restriction of lockdown have stopped me producing the best work I could have. However, given the circumstances, I am very proud of what I have achieved. Lockdown has however made me step out of my photographic comfort zone and start to photograph objects better and practice my skills in still life photography, something I would like to carry on doing more of outside of uni submissions. It has also taught me how to keep motivated as I have had to work from home both with my uni work and my part-time job so motivation was essential when having to fill my weeks up with two types of work whilst staying active and creative. Overall I definitely think I’ve learned a lot of new skills, even if they weren’t the ones I was expecting and I’ve had a lot more time to think about what I want to do after I graduate which had been helpful for my mindset.

Maria Dowsett • May 15, 2020