Maria Dowsett

Fashion Communication at the University of Brighton

1

Using ArtSteps

Using Artsteps I had made a draft version of how I would display my work at the Brighton Graduate Show. This display is based on if we were using the white boards we previously used for the work in progress show.

As was suggested for the work in progress show, I wanted to make one of my photos life-sized. I chose my favourite and what I think is one of my stronger images. It’s also one of the few that had a whole mannequin from head to toe, which obviously works the best for a life-sized image.

I have added a floating shelf to the middle of the photo. This shelf would then have my full project ‘book’ in the middle, and I have added a couple of mannequin hands either side to give it some tactility. These are the only hands available to add on the Artsteps software, however, I would have white in colour mannequin hands that were posed in different positions, maybe holding my business or postcards. These hands would, however, be put in on the basis of trial and error as I don’t want my final display to look too trivial, so it would be a matter of trying it out before committing.

I also added the title of my FMP to the top of the board so that the image has immediate context, without having to look at my book first.

Maria Dowsett • May 10, 2020

Comments

1. Groody534 December 18, 2023 - 12:38 pm Reply

ArtSteps provides a dynamic platform for creative expression and virtual exhibitions. Users can seamlessly navigate through immersive virtual spaces, showcasing artwork with unparalleled detail. Whether hosting a solo show or collaborative event, ArtSteps offers a user-friendly interface. In the rare event of technical issues, ArtSteps ensures a smooth experience with efficient customer support, comparable to the reliability of vodafone customer service. Explore limitless artistic possibilities with ArtSteps, where innovation meets accessibility.