Following on from my recent workshop ‘Interview Questions: How to answer them & How to ask them’, this post gives hints as to how to answer the common interview question: ‘Why do you want to do this job’?
Your answer should probably answer one or more of the following different questions.
If, for example, you are applying for a Marketing role, answer the following:
- Why you would like to work in Marketing in general and / or
- Why you want to become involved in Marketing at this particular company and / or
- That you want to carry out the duties of this particular job
So, you might talk about:
- Your general interest in Marketing – for example, how you enjoy the process of engaging the public with products
- Particular marketing campaigns run by a company – give a specific example
- Your wish to assist with social media / website activities, for example
I hope this helps!