Last week, I led a seminar on Interview Questions: ‘How to answer them & How to ask them’.
This post gives hints as to how to answer the common question: ‘Why do you want to work for us’?
Your answer is likely to touch on some of the following:
- The Reputation of the company
- The quality of its goods / services
- The culture / ethos of the company
- The quality of the training you will receive
- The quality of your fellow employees
Resources that will help you:
- The Company’s website: see what the company says about itself
- ratemyplacement.co.uk: for feedback from previous placement students
- glassdoor.co.uk: for information about the company and possible interview questions
- youtube.com: some companies put films on youtube about themselves and what is like working there: you can some ideas regarding the culture and ethos of the company
- linkedin.com: to follow and network with companies & individuals
- Speak to the Placements Office! We know a lot about the more common placement companies