PLANNING THE SPRING SUMMER 2019 LOOK-BOOK

THE MAIN SHOOT

MODEL: aligned with Cottweilers unique looking models – (Eastern European looking)

LOCATION: Grit / Gravel, Metal, Scrap Yard (somewhere where there would be surveillance cameras)

DETAILS OF STYLING, FABRICS AND COLOURS:

• I am going to use more of a range of colours than they usually do – which makes the sub-brand more universal which means it would sell more (appeals to a wider market)
  • When putting items together I will have to ensure labels of sportsbrands aren’t seen
  • Cottweiler see themselves as more menswear so it couldn’t be overly sportwear – therefore I am going to have a mix of lycra, polyester and cottons
  • I am taking influence from 90s styling, garments and photography

HOW I PLAN TO PORTRAY THE MACRO TRENDS PRIVACY AND SURVEILLANCE

• Use of metal / wire
  • Use tape on clothing
  • Camouflage elements – blends in with background – similar colours to surroundings – MONOCHROMATIC CO-ORDINATION
  • Camera angles
  • Hidden faces or screens / something between camera lens and model
  • Inspiration from youth culture – links with the ideas of privacy (at that age you want your space and are trying to escape your parents), also surveillance for feeling as if you’re being watched; by parents, siblings, peers, teachers… also could be in the literally sense of police surveillance

HOW I WOULD RELEASE AND ADVERTISE THE LOOK-BOOK

• Cottweiler have a strong online presence so the look-book would be released online
  • Advertised on the main brands Instagram and the sub-brands
  • I would create a website purely to launch the look book and the new sub-brand

THE MACRO TRENDS I GOING TO PORTRAY

SURVEILLANCE + PRIVACY

My decision to select these distinct trends is motivated by their strong relatability to Cottweiler as a brand. Designers, Ben Cottrell and Matthew Dainty always look to their social environment for inspiration and references.

HOW I PLAN TO MAKE THE LOOK-BOOK SUCCESSFUL

The look-book is going to be unconventional and somewhat like a publicity stunt – styling garments in unconventional ways (T-shirt on legs, shorts as sleeves, jacket worn as a skirt). This will likely appeal to customers, not only because its distinctive but because its aesthetically intriguing.