Development

After researching into other photographers and photographic theory, I have approached a set of goals I would like to achieve throughout the project. I would like to provide a contemporary discourse into the inside of the lives of generation Z. As I am ‘generation Z’ age I believe that I can provide a realistic contemporary discourse into the lives of those who are often misrepresented throughout most mainstream and right-wing politics.

I will be using a kodak point and shoot as opposed to a digital camera, for various aesthetic and quality reasons. I believe film photography to feel a lot more authentic due to the ‘one-shot only’ nature, and the fact that film photography is what many of us still have for our family albums. This allows for the connotations of nostalgia and warmth, creating an immediate relationship between the photos.

Whilst providing a statement however I am also aiming to show the loving, affectionate manner still held between early-adults, in a sophisticated and stylistic manner. This is with the intention to further disturb stereotypes held about young adults while providing a loving set of photographs between friends.