GUCCI KIND SPRING SUMMER 2020 RUNWAY SHOW

(AD139: VISUAL PROMOTION)

I wanted to add more to my chosen form of marketing than just creating a fashion film. I felt as though this chosen type gave me more opportunities to do something really different as opposed to just doing the normal social media/websites/print types. I felt as though pushing myself to try and do something different was my aim for this project and this paper seemed like a good chance. 

Please see blog post “GUCCI KIND: THE SPRING SUMMER 2020 CAMPAIGN FILM” for more information on the fashion film.

I wanted to design the layout and design on the runway itself and the set design because I felt as though creating an experiential fashion show would be a great way of marketing, especially due to the fact that something like this could really create a buzz for the subbrand. The social media Influencers and celebrities that would attend would be documenting it on their social media whether they were paid to or not as this is their lifestyle, however collaborating and having people to document it professionally through a colloquial media channel such as an Instagram Story would be a great way to market Gucci Kind, especially as the subbrand is directed to a Gen X and the Millennials. 

This is the floorplan for my runway for the Gucci Kind Spring Summer 2020 show. 

There would be limited seats to create exclusivity and so that the ambience in the room is not disturbed. The fact that the runway would be circular as well as the seats, creates an immersive environment. This would be taken a step further with the music and the scent that would be pumped into the room. Furthermore, the entrance and room would be surrounded by greenery and ‘live walls’ so to keep the experiential mood to the show. This would make the audience feel as though they really are in nature. 

At the beginning of the show, the fashion film would be shown to set the narrative for the collection and the show itself. 

Because I did not have access to a 3D Interior design software, I decided to create a concept board style that would be the pitch for the set design. 

I really enjoyed creating all of this and it really allowed me to get into the events and set design side of the Fashion Industry. I did find it all a lot of work, but as I said, I wanted to really push myself with my third chosen style of marketing for this project. 

Figures

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/kynzakendalljon/gucci-kind-runway-show/