[:en]Fast Fashion[:]

[:en]What is Fast Fashion?

Fast fashion is a term used to describe the rapid process of fashion retailers communicating trends from the catwalk onto the high-street. The idea is to speed the supply-chain up as quick and as cheap as possible in order to maximise sales, resulting in companies such as; H&M, Peacocks, Zara and Primark being able to sell their products at a cheaper price so more customers can afford their prices. With Fast Fashion comes a huge list of problems from the environmental impact to the exploitation issues in countries such as Bangladesh, China, Pakistan, India and many more. The idea of fast fashion is constantly being scrutinised and introduces questions like “Do you really need all of those clothes in your wardrobe?”, “Do you know where your clothes are made?” and “Do you know who makes your clothes and how they are treated?”. Overdressed:The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth L. Cline is a great example of this. After disasters like The 2013 Savar building collapse, that killed 1,134 workers and injured 2,500 more efforts have been made to  better health and safety and raise peoples interest in understanding how damaging fast fashion really is. Conscience fashion is not only looking after the environment it is also making sure your clothing has been made in safe and fair conditions. The images below show the dark side of the industry and have made me take in the true effect of the fashion industry leading to me feeling a strong need to find out how I can help the environment. Even though I have touched upon the idea of looking into worker exploitation I think at this point in my research I am going to focus my research on sustainability and campaigns promoting sustainability.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Rt-LoweLg-71jtT_7QkWFVKwQF0=/0x0:3546×2364/2820×1586/filters:focal(1490×899:2056×1465)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/59370479/GettyImages_470780584.0.jpg[:]