For the launch of POWA, I researched two strong potential spaces the team could use to effectively promote the magazine on the launch day. Below are the options for venues where we would like to exhibit our work. Both venues have a similar blank canvas style, which can be decorated for the launch to reflect the magazines identity.
Venue choice 1:
Where: ONCA Gallery
– Busy London road location (average street footfall 800 1000 per day)
Address: 14 St George’s Place, Brighton, BN1 4GB, United Kingdom.
– Grade II listed building
Space available for use:
– Capacity: 100 people standing / 35 seated
– 580 sq ft (across both floors)
– Clean white walled space
– Tables and chairs provided
– Additional space downstairs (including courtyard & cave)
– Small office, kitchen area & toilet at rear
– Wifi included
– Hanging system for works can be provided
Venue choice 2:
Where: White Space
Location: Situated on Great Newport Street nestled between Charing Cross Road and St Martins Lane and within 50 metres of Leicester Square tube station.
Space available for use: 1,500 square foot, consisting of two white space rooms, a reception area, corridor and a drinks bar.
Address: White Space
5 Great Newport Street