EVALUATION FMP

In this project I wanted to show my ability to incorporate a new concept into a brand, in a visual way, illustrating the collection and its main characteristics, coherent with the brand´s identity and style code, and to visualize a creative campaign that would promote a certain message and improve the brand`s presence and recognition amongst younger audiences. Throughout the project I have learned about the brand´s design philosophy and creative ethos, its marketing strategies and ways of promoting its products to a wide audience; these elements were essential when thinking about the new collection and concept. Taking into account the target demographic, I felt the theme, colours and silhouettes of the collection as well as the visual content on the website and different social media channels would be attractive to both young and mature audiences.

The idea for the concept was firstly taken from my own personal interest in the countryside and rural lifestyle; I am attracted by the colours and textures relating to the countryside, and clothing of rural communities, as well as artisanal products and traditional techniques. I then did research on the different Macro Trends for 2019 (Creative Manifesto, Purpose Full, etc) and felt that Common Ground was a relevant trend to consider for my project and a good starting point that would help me into conceiving the new collection. I looked at Key colours forecast for 2019 and Common Ground`s colour palette, accessories and footwear forecasts and analysis, in order to get inspiration and a clearer idea of what the mood and general characteristics of the collection would be. I did a lot of primary visual research, to get inspiration of colour combinations, as well as textures, fabrics and shapes.

I then created various mood boards and trend boards, which I developed throughout the project when I was getting new ideas and inspirations for colorsand prints. Overall, I am pleased by how the collection was illustrated; for the different shoots I did my best to follow the key colours, prints and general concept so that it would be visually coherent. Apart from looking at many of the brand`s collections, catwalk shows and look books, I also explored Marni`s promotional imagery such as advertising campaigns or branded catalogue images, and social media content to get an idea of the style of photography that would go well with the Marni`s brand identity.

The next step on my project was to create a store concept for Marni`s flagship stores, responding to the demands and desires of the new consumer for creative in-store experiences and e-motional design. I recreated the store on Photoshop and demonstrated an idea of how the interior would look. The stores would also include touch screens to provide faster information about the composition of different pieces.

For the promotion, I thought of a social media campaign and launch of a platform for Marni`s website, where different events and conversations relating to art and design would be announced, and where the creations of the audience that participated in the social media campaign would be uploaded. I thought this was a good idea as it engages the audience, and it is in harmony with Marni`s marketing efforts and involvement in the world of arts and crafts. Marni Create involves various collaborations with artists that will give talks and classes in specific flagship stores and in the Marni showroom in VialeUmbria

Another way of engaging the audience was through an event and installation in the showroom which will happen during the design week in Milan, where people will be able to discover more about the brand and immerse themselves in a new world. The Marni Botanical Garden was an idea I got that goes perfectly with the theme; nature and flowers have always been an intrinsic part of the Marni style code, and floral prints are used in many of the collections, so I thought it was a good way of representing the brand and the new collection to the audience. The Marni Dream Tree will become an installation made by the people who participated in the actiivity.