Reflection

Throughout my research into the fast fashion I  have come across many issues within out day to day routines that are causing a large effect on our planet. I have chosen three common problems that are easily resolved through small but very beneficial changes such as washing less and on a cooler setting, sourcing clothing sustainably and learning how to reuse and recycle clothes. I wanted to create exciting, eye catching photography to feature in the editorials aimed to attract the target demographic. I decided to source locations that would reflect and promote these issues and that is where I got the idea of shooting the wash less editorial in a Laundromat. I created my own backdrop for the reuse and recycle shoot with multiple pairs of denim jeans, I chose denim as the denim industry has been proven to be one of the main causes of environmental issues life-threatening concerns in the world. As for the sourcing sustainably shoot, with inspiration from photographer Laura Allard Fleischl, I will be looking to  photograph in second hand stores, flea markets and charity shops.  Throughout my experimentation I discovered a new appreciation for film photography so, I have decided that this would be the perfect shoot to photograph in film. Having taken many photos in film I thought they would be perfect to use on the social media platforms also.