GIFS

For this project we were also asked to create gifs relating to our zines. I’ve never created a gif before but after I had a lesson on how to create a gif i started to experiment to see what outcomes I could create.

Here was my first attempt, a slightly funny gif relating to the verse ‘Locusts came’.

lena-gif

After some more practise I decided to work with different filters and oppacities to create interesting outcomes. Using different styles e.g flashing images, fading, blur etc. Here are two that I created to relate to the death in the poem, using a skull as a simbol of this.

me-gif-

Skull-gif

I also wanted to create a gif using hand drawn sketches. Showing how a few simple drawings can create a moving image. Here I sketched around 5 images of the eye at different stages whilst blinking, and after putting them all together it created a moving image of a blinking eye.

eye-gif

The poem often refers to hands therefore i’ve created a gif that rotates and has flashing images in the background of photographs i’ve taken of different places ive visted.

gif-hand