photoshoot 4 imagery

During this photoshoot, I wanted to create visually chaotic imagery through the manipulation of fleshy fruits. I used a macro lense to capture intense, verging on grotesque imagery. To add to this, I added honey and yoghurt to the fleshy fruits to create imagery which almost represented sexual organs. My intention with this shoot was to create images which would make the viewer squirm through natures natural and beautiful chaos. Conversely, exploring the ideas around slow living made me consider the slow food movement which I feel is associated with the ideas around organic, eco, and anti fast food. Therefore, I felt using fruit was an appropriate material. I also felt there was something similar in the ideas around organs and organic, which is why I wanted to manipulate the fruit to create something which was questionably sexual. I have been exploring the ideas around finding calm within nature and the connections we have with it alongside the similarities between humans and nature and this is an additional reason as to why I have combined the two concepts to reflect the beauty of chaos whether it is the humans natural body or the fleshy natural fruits state.

Overall, I was really pleased with the outcome of this shoot. I particularly feel the colour and black and white images will make well together. This is something that is very important to me particularly as I am creating a magazine, so, therefore the layout and design is key. I think having some of the images as full double page spreads will ensure that the shock effect for the reader will be at its optimum.