photoshoot 1 imagery

In this shoot, my aim was to explore the ideas around creating chaos visually through the human body and figure. By bending and distorting the body with unnatural and unconventional poses, I felt I achieved this successfully. I chose to style the model in limited clothing to accentuate the figures contortion and ensure the attention was of the shapes created. To aid this, I picked an appropriate location/ photoshoot setting. I decided to take the photos in a photo studio in its natural state without the backdrops and lighting. I used natural daylight and left the white boards on show with the natural flooring as I wanted to have a raw and natural essence to the imagery.

I took the imagery from strange angles, exaggerating the chaos and awkwardness of the imagery. Furthermore, I focused on certain features of the body, for example just the legs, inspired by Guy Bourdin. Additionally, I chose to use limited makeup, with a natural look so that the focus is on the white eye makeup, which similarly adds to the unconventional, awkward aspect of the shoot.

Overall, I am pleased with the outcome of these images. To improve this shoot, I could have perhaps got another model and had two bodies creating distorted images which I feel would have created more chaos by tangling up two bodies together. furthermore, I could have perhaps pushed the poses a little further, to create even more bizarre shapes.