Join in the fun at the Dig It! Family Archaeology Day at Brighton Museum on Saturday 16 July.
Come along and meet archaeologists and discover ancient (and sometimes mysterious) artefacts from sites across Brighton & Hove, ranging from the Neolithic to the Victorian age. The day will feature special displays, craft activities, demonstrations and talks by experts to take you back through time and make the day an unforgettable experience.
Attractions on the day include:
- Flint knapping demonstrations
- 3D artefact scanning and printing demonstrations by Brighton University
- A geo-physics survey in the Pavilion Gardens
- Clay pot making and decorating activities
- Drawing and recording activities for all ages
- A live archaeological trench in the Pavilion Gardens
- A finds processing station
- Costumed period characters
- An opportunity to find out what bones/ human remains can tell us about life in the past
- Talks on geology, bones and info on local archaeological sites
- A finds display created by Brighton & Hove Archaeological Society
- A dressing up area
- A special display of artefacts from the museum’s archaeology collection
Free with admission, members and residents free, drop-in.