David Urbanke works in America often in New York and LA. He has always been attracted towards camera and especially film. The images on the left have been taken from his online website. His work ethos is all about proving that being self-taught and young can still get you hired as long as you have talent. Urbanke has shot many different advertorials and editorials for different magazines and online platforms such as InStyle, Marc Jacobs, and Vogue, among others. He left high school in New Jersey and moved to New York when he was just 16 to work as a photographer after an intern at Ford Models spotted some of his shots online. The majority of his work involves taking portraits of models, but his career is clearly on an upward trajectory. I love his portrait work the most, while it is in an editorial setting and the images are not what I am looking to produce as they are a little bit to stylised for what I like, I do admire his style of work and the way he takes his images. The images are powerful and although are very similar images, they each in turn are all so different. The model looks striking with her different coloured eyes and bald head. While I am not trying to capture necessarily just peoples images but also the stories that people carry with them in their every day lives and how this can almost be felt within the image through the connection with
someone’s eyes.