My Brighton experience

Carl Davey tells us about his time here studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng

I joined the Foundation Engineering Year in 2011. I moved on to the Electrical and Electronic BEng(Hons) course and after completing my second year with a 2:1 I Carlenrolled on the MEng.

I would describe my course as exciting, rewarding and challenging. There are joint projects in the first and second year across all engineering disciplines such as bridge and robot building. One of the most interesting aspects of my course is the digital hardware projects. In my first year I went from knowing virtually nothing to building complex digital frequency meters and accurate motor drivers.

Engineering has always been a passion, even from a young age I was building projects from Lego and Kinects. Being in an environment that rewards learning, it inspires me to improve and broaden my skill set outside the bounds of the course. I’ve enjoyed working on extra-curricular mechanical projects such as the Universities Green Power electric car project. I have also built two fighting robots for the university competition as an individual and as a group.