I have been looking ate artist inspiration in the form of Jean-Paul Goude a French photographer, art director, and illustrator. As an in-demand figure in the fashion world, today he is best known for his collaborative work with Grace Jones. Goude’s work is multi-faceted and is not marked by any one style, but rather adjusts his aesthetics for each brand or personality he works with. He often employs collage techniques and subtle elements of distortion, as seen in Grace Jones’ iconic Island Life album cover.

I have been focusing in on his ‘Cut Out’ collection of art.

Grace Jones ‘Grace revised and updated’ cut up transparency. New York, 1978.

Grace Jones ‘Cry now laugh later’ Sticky tape and cardboard. New York, 1982.

Grace Jones ‘Blue in black on brown’ Painted photo, New York, 1981.

Taking inspiration from this collection of work, I then started to create my own style of ‘Cut-Out’ photographs. I created this using the film images I had taken on the latest visual branding shoot. This gave me the opportunity to play around with layout, texture, moods, colours and tones within the photograph. I also felt this gave the images a more playful and create element to them in which added another element to the visual identity of the brand. I hope to keep experimenting with this type of technique and developing to more.