This coming academic year we will be running a small pilot looking at the use of Nearpod in lectures and seminars.
*There are a limited number of places on the pilot.
What is Nearpod?
Nearpod is a mobile app and web based presentation tool which uses the web/wireless network to enable tutors to deliver and send presentations to their students’ devices, set interactive tasks and display static content as well as videos.
A demonstration can be seen here
Highlights of Nearpod:
- the ability to send interactive presentations to your students’ devices (they can zoom in on images in the presentation so that they can see detail – you control what they see)
- the ability to allow students to draw on their devices, and for you to see all the drawings and share with the rest of the class
- the ability to provide immediate feedback to students in sessions
- the ability to receive student responses immediately
- the ability to produce response reports
About the pilot
Everyone involved in the pilot with be given a fully paid up account which enables you to have up to 200 participants, in return you will be expected to provide feedback at the end of the pilot to help with the evaluation of the tool. Your LTA can provide more information about this part of the agreement and support you through the pilot.
If you are interested in being part of this pilot please complete the application form below.
NOTE: Applications for this pilot are now closed