INSPIRING LEARNERS, ENRICHING COMMUNITIES
The University of Brighton’s School of Education is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and teacher training with a long-established reputation for high quality courses. Our work in the initial teacher education provision has been rated Outstanding by Ofsted in our 2018 inspection.
We’ve been educating teachers for more than 100 years and have a permanent teaching and research team of more than 90 experts. Our expertise spans all phases of learning and development, from the early years through to adult education and at any time we have around 1,200 students registered on courses with the school.
Our model of higher education is based on a spirit of enquiry and the active generation of knowledge amongst staff and students, in relation to learning, teaching and research. Through shared responsibility and co-constructive relationships, all members of the School of Education are guided by a commitment to:
- Achieve the highest expectations and standards in education and research
- Critique theory, policy and practice and work together with students, partners and staff to design, improve, facilitate and evaluate learning experiences
- Promote creativity, innovation and enterprise across a range of learning processes and contexts, including 21st century technologies
- Engage with and challenge others through cooperative, collaborative and collegiate partnerships – locally, regionally, nationally and internationally – through the sharing and development of knowledge and expertise
- Respect, value and support colleagues and all learners through a commitment to challenging social injustices, inequalities and exclusion.
About this blog
Follow this blog for news about the School of Education, our research activities, our courses, partnerships, staff and students. If you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment or email us.
The opinions expressed in this blog by contributors and those commenting, are those of the individual, and in no way represent the views of the school or the University of Brighton.