Jigsaw puzzle illustrating the four mentoring options

Mentoring opportunities

“Mentoring is a one-to-one, non-judgemental relationship in which an individual voluntarily gives time to support and encourage another. This relationship is typically developed at a time of transition in the mentee’s life and lasts for a period of time”

• Men in Primary – an opportunity for male primary trainee teachers to have a mentor* who is a male primary school teacher.
  • Momentum a mentoring programme designed to build students’ confidence and boost employability.
  • BAME Match an opportunity for Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) students to get support from a BAME mentor who has experience of living or working in the local community.
  • LGBT+ Uni-Amex mentoring a professional-to-student mentoring programme delivered jointly by the University of Brighton Careers Service and the Pride Network at American Express®.

Mentee Erette De Vera said: “Having someone who can listen and give guidance can make a huge difference. Having a mentor really does make an impact.

“I can definitely say I’m more confident than I’ve ever been. I am so thankful for all the help I’ve received.”

Mentoring is just one of the many services provided by the University of Brighton’s Careers Service.