School of Education news

Another successful Family Fun Day!

On Saturday 9 March, thanks to our Student Support and Guidance Tutors (SSGTs), staff and students enjoyed a day full of fun and activities with their families at our Falmer campus.

This year’s free Family Fun Day ran from 11am-2pm and provided endless entertainment for all the family, from reptile handling and circus free play for the kids to massages for the adults. In its fifth year, a total of 238 people enjoyed the day, making it the biggest and best Family Fun Day yet!

Last year, with the help of the University’s Widening Participation team, two new activities were added to the day: ‘Star Wars Lego Challenge’ and ‘Robot Wars’ which have proved to be massively popular. This year a really exciting new event was added to the agenda, a one hour Science spectacle called ‘The Bigger Bang!’. The show is full of amazing comedy and experiments that highlight how fun science can be. Judging by the reaction of the audience this was a huge success and will definitely be back next year.

Feedback from the day reflects its success, including an unsolicited email from a parent who attended that said: “Can I just say a big thank you for the opportunity to attend the fun day? It was a great event that my daughter loved and I enjoyed being able to bring her and my husband into my university life in some way!”

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Sally Curley • March 20, 2019