Students from the School of Sport and Service Management are invited to pitch for Little ECHO Grant awards of up to £250 via a short film online competition. Films that meet the selection criteria will be entered into a ‘people’s choice’ online vote.
Closing date EXTENDED to 24 November 2017
The vote will take place on this blog in late November and the winners will be announced after 7 days of voting by students, lecturers, friends, family and the public. Successful pitchers will have until 31st May 2018 to spend their funding and make a difference.
Grants are funded by the generous donations of alumni and friends and an allocation of funds set aside by the school.
The grants will fund new ‘one-off’ student initiated and managed events, expenses related to student volunteering or contribute to enhancing existing student led extracurricular activities that fall under the following themes: promoting excellence, supporting the community or helping preserve the school’s heritage and cover costs such as:
- participating in a high-profile event which showcases your excellence
- holding a cross-generational social event
- collating or collecting stories of your peers’ student experience to add to the school’s archive
- expenses associated with inviting industry guests or alumni to enhance learning
- expenses relating to volunteering for charity
- hosting a one-off event with a specific community group
- organising a small-scale sports tournament
Read our pitch guidelines for more information about what to do next.