What’s Twitters Business Model?

Twitter is a social media network and microblogging platform where users posts and interact with messages that are also known as tweets.

1.What characteristics or benchmarks can be used to assess the business value of a company such as Twitter?

It has 232 million monthly users which can be based used as their benchmark.

2. Have you used Twitter to communicate with friends or family? What are your thoughts on this service?

I’ve used Twitter before but I do not see the point of it. I know some of my friends who used it and it’s usually a sharing website. I think it is good for sharing current thoughts and materials which does allow advertisers to place advertisments. Personally, I believe I can share my thought with other social media platforms like FB or Instagram

3. What are Twitter’s most important assets?

• Their user attention and audience
  • Hashtags
  • A sleek web design that attracts users
  • Databases of Tweets that contain the comments, and opinions of the audiences

4.Which of the various methods described for monetizing Twitter’s assets do you feel might be most successful?

Advertisement sales. It is easy to make advertisements for consumers to see and is specifically targeted to the right consumers and gives them a chance to be more interested

Resources:

Gadkari, P., 2020. How Does Twitter Make Money?. [online] BBC News. Available at: <https://www.bbc.com/news/business-24397472> [Accessed 9 December 2020].

2 thoughts on “What’s Twitters Business Model?

1. The business model analysis of Twitter is well laid out with some useful data and some insights.
    You could further explore the features of the blog site such as adding a hyperlink,a YouTube video,a web link and others to make your blog more interactive and engaging.
    Well done!

1. Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate the support and I will keep this in mind for my next posts.