The course is based in the University of Brighton’s city campus in Grand Parade. Our facitlities can be accessed through the east wing of the campus. Our students can access our facitlities from 8am-8pm every day. Our facilities include:
- Four modern digital production and post-production studios equipped with state of-the-art hardware and software.
- Two sound-isolated recording booths
- A sound diffusion lab where students can experiment with spatial projection, multichannel sound and unconventional speaker configurations
- Workstation area for individual student use, teaching presentations and demonstrations that is equipped with all taught software
- Dedicated tutorial room for individual and small group consultations
- Separate workshop area where students build customised instruments and devices.
Software used in the course: Logic Studio Pro, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Max/MSP, Pure Data,and various open source applications. Students will be able to experiment with software and hardware design, enabling them to build their own acoustic, electric or virtual instruments and installations.