We are pleased to announce that the following software is now available for download off campus:
Minitab, SPSS and NVivo – Maths and Statistics software
All three packages are now available for download by all students
Visit the software for students page for the download links (university login required)
Follow the relevant link below and then create a MathWorks Account before either starting MATLAB Online or downloading the desktop version. Please use your University email address:
- Desktop download: https://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter/classroom/COVID-19_Access/
- MATLAB Online for using MATLAB on any web browser without needing to download the software
- MATLAB Mobile for using MATLAB on mobile devices and tablets
Adobe Create Suite
Adobe Creative Cloud is available for use by students off campus until August 14th 2020.
1. Visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com and use your university email address to sign in.
For more information on how to download or install apps, see Download and Install Creative Cloud apps.
Discount after 6th July 2020: It is likely that the free offer will finish after three months and you will have to pay for Adobe Creative Cloud at a discounted rate. The discount is 65% reduction for the first year and 50% reduction for subsequent years – so expect a price rise after one year – see the Adobe web pages for more information.
Known Issues: There is a known issue with downloading Acrobat onto a PC and a workaround is required to get this application working:
I see a trial prompt when I sign in to Acrobat DC on my computer.
When you install and launch Acrobat DC on a Windows computer and sign in, if you see a Try or Buy prompt, do the following:
- Exit Acrobat DC, if it is running.
- Download the AcrobatStudentAccess.zip file and extract it on your computer.
- Right-click the included EXE file and choose Run as Administrator. (Click yes or enter your computer password, if prompted)
- Start Acrobat DC. It should now launch without asking you to sign in.