Graduate stories – Elitsa Zaykova

Elitsa won the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Certificate of Excellence – Architectural Technology (Innovative Design Project) for her forward-thinking and innovative final year project.

• What made you choose Brighton and this course?

I always had an interest in how buildings are built and work; and I was already living in Brighton.

• How did you feel when you were first accepted to Brighton, and how has the reality compared to what you imagined?

I was excited and proud to be accepted in Brighton, the path is full of big challenges but it is a great learning curve for my future progression.

• What were the highlights of your course?

Completing each year successfully were definitely the most satisfying moments for me.

• Would you recommend your course? What in particular would you recommend?

I would definitely recommend Architectural Technology BSc(Hons), I enjoyed being involved in the conceptual and master planning design on various projects and deciding on appropriated materials to be used.

• What has coming to Brighton done for you, both as a student and as a person?

I have made great friendships with colleagues and lecturers. For sure I can say that University of Brighton enriched my life in positive way.

• Tell us about your experience of teaching and support staff.

We had access to some inspiring professionals from the industry.

• Can you give an example of a person, a lesson or something that happened that made you glad you’d come to study at Brighton?

Lectures within the core module of Architectural Technology were always very stimulating and contained practical knowledge that could be applied in real life.

• What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of applying for this course / this university?

The course is inspiring and a great way to gain tons of knowledge about the Architectural Technology profession, also different disciplines involved in the construction process and aspects of the RIBA Stages 0-7.