BuroFour placement – Max Harris

Max HarrisMy placement is at BuroFour in Angel, Islington (London). I heard about the company from a presentation given to us by a senior project manager at BuroFour, who is a University of Brighton graduate. The placement office gave extensive support, they gave advice on my CV and cover letter and they helped me with the interview, by giving advice about questions and things like dress code (which without them I would have gotten wrong!).

My lecturer has come to see me, she went above and beyond as she visited me all the way up in Birmingham and met me and my project manager which I thought was very thoughtful.

I am really enjoying my placement. They put me through a lot of company training for Project Management, Design Management and Programme management. I have also done some Bid and Marketing Coordination. Twice a week I spend a lot of time on a construction site, monitoring construction work. I have to liaise with colleagues as well as industry professionals in this role to make sure the work is the right quality as we are a client based Project Management organisation.

I now have a better understanding of the building fabric and how a building is constructed as opposed to just the theory. It has helped me make my mind up about my career and made me more determined when I get back to uni to get a really good degree.