My placement at ARCH angels Architects, Janet Osei-Berchie

Janet-ArchAngelPlacement-3I am loving my placement! I am learning so much as I have had the opportunity to work on so many different projects. The company is amazing! its growing so much and has such a diverse amount of workI am lucky to have the opportunity to learn from experienced architects who are so willing to teach me new things.

My placement involves working on a variety of construction work, from extensions to a whole house renovation. I have been able to design extensions, survey clients’ houses and provide detailed drawings for building regulations. What I have learnt at university has helped me on my placement but due to the nature of my course there is a lot you learn in practice and that is why i would highly recommend a placement to any student studying my course.

I have had great support from the university, my course leader has come into the office to see how things are going and send emails to ensure I am doing okay on placement.

I know I want to continue in this field and even continue to do a masters degree in another construction related subject.

Janet Osei-Berchie is studying Architectural Technology BSc(Hons) and is currently on placement at local company ARCH angels Architects.