Opportunities and resources for art and design students
Artists Information Company (a-n) resource
a-n is an online source of information and advice for artists including opportunities (exhibitions, commissions, residencies etc), jobs, networking, research, teaching and learning resources. University of Brighton students have FREE access to all a-n resources via the university’s online library
Non-student annual subscription is £36
Cass Art and Phoenix Studio Award for School of Art final year students
School of Art final year students have the opportunity to apply for this award which sees Cass Art sponsoring a Phoenix studio space for up to three 2019 graduates.
For more details click here
Closing Date: 11 April 2019
Woon Foundation Prize 2019
The Woon Foundation Painting & Sculpture Prize is open to all UK undergraduate Fine Art students who are graduating in summer 2019. Three prizes worth £40,000 in total are available.
1st Prize – the Woon Tai Jee Art Fellowship which includes:
– A year-long Woon Residency in the Woon Tai Jee Studio at Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne from September 2019 until October 2020
– A bursary of £20,000 to pay for the Fellowship in the Woon Tai Jee Studio and contribute towards materials and subsistence
Visit the Woo Foundation Prize website for full details.
Closing Date: 1 April 2019 at 17:00
Shape Open 2019
Shape’s annual exhibition of artwork by disabled and non-disabled artists is created in response to a disability-centred theme. The exhibition provides a space where both disabled and non-disabled artists can discuss ideas about issues and topics which are often sidelined within artistic debate. Submissions are invited in 2D, 3D, video or audio to this year’s exhibition theme: ‘In Circles’.
Interested? Visit the Shape Open website to find out more.
Closing Date: 15 April 2019 at 12:00
– Explore your career options in creative arts and design via the Careers Service website
– Get advice on making your CV stand out on our CVs, applications and interviews page
– Book an appointment with the Career Development Adviser at City campus. Tel: 01273 643187