Applications open NOW for the 2019 Government Communication Service Internship
The GCS Internship is aimed at students from diverse backgrounds in their penultimate or final year of university or completing a degree equivalent.
The Government Communication Service (GCS) is the professional body for UK Civil Service communications professionals, delivering cutting edge work for government. We support the government across a huge spectrum of issues that affect public life. Lasting 6-12 weeks, interns will get an insight in to government communications, and work across a number of communications disciplines.
The internship is based in London, with some placement opportunities available in Nottingham, Bristol, Leeds, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Belfast and Liverpool.
To apply, candidates must:
- Be in their final two years at university – in a communications related subject (awarded or expected) or
- Be working towards a degree equivalent qualification in a communications subject (NVQ level 6).
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
Candidates must also be from one or more of the following backgrounds:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME).
- Socially or economically disadvantaged (based on parental occupation).
- Care leaver.
- Consider yourself to have a disability.
More information on the internship including FAQs and eligibility criteria can be found on the GCS website: https://gcs.civilservice.gov.uk/careers/internships/