Calling all creative graduates and students – take a look at these exciting opportunities
British Museum – Getty Paper Project Fellow
Salary: £24,792 per annum (18 months fixed term contract)
The British Museum is recruiting a Getty Foundation Prints and Drawings Curatorial Fellow with a specialist interest in pre-1900 European drawings. The Fellow will work with a curatorial mentor to develop their knowledge and research skills in their specialist geographical or period field of pre-1900 European drawings, while also broadening their experience of the graphic arts and curatorship in general.
For full details visit the British Museum website
Closing date : 20 June 2018 (midday)
The Artists’ Collecting Society (ACS) Studio Prize
ACS is offering an artist the chance to win £6,000 to contribute to the cost of an artist’s studio in the UK. Applications are open to university students on an accredited art course who are about to graduate/ have graduated within the last four years. Individuals must work in pictures, collage, painting, sculpture, tapestry, ceramics, glassware or photography to be eligible.
To apply go to the Artists Collecting Society Studio Prize website
Closing date: 30 June 2018
Norwich Film Festival 2018
Submissions are open for the 8th Norwich Film Festival. Films lasting 25 minutes or under are accepted across five categories including Best Student Film, Best Animated Film, Best Documentary Film. Cash prizes of £1000 are available!
Interested? Visit the Norwich Film Festival website for full details.
Closing Date: 18 July 2018
Passion for Freedom Art Festival
The Passion for Freedom London Art Festival takes place annually in central London. Applications are invited from visual artists working in painting, sculpture, drawing, print making, photography, mixed media, installation and video. Artists are asked to respond to one or all of the following questions through their artwork and a short artist statement:
What is freedom? How do you preserve it? How do you celebrate it?
For further information visit the Passion for Freedom website
Closing Date: 31 July 2018
Looking for help with researching and applying for opportunities?
– Download our guide to Looking for Opportunities in Art and Design which lists the main sources of jobs and other opportunities including commissions, residencies, competitions, exhibitions and funding and more. Paper copies available at Student Centre, ground floor Grand Parade Main Building and the Careers Service, G5 Cockcroft building, Moulsecoomb campus.
– Explore your career options in creative arts and design via the Careers Service website
– Get advice on making your CV stand out on our CVs, applications and interviews page
– Book an appointment with the Career Development Advisor at Grand Parade Campus, tel: 01273 643187. *Graduates have indefinite access to this service*
– Register with Active Student to find a volunteering placement in your local community. Many opportunities are available in the arts and humanities. Visit their website for more information.