Great opportunities in art, design and humanities
Cass Art & Phoenix Studio Award – Brighton
In partnership with the University of Brighton, Cass Art are sponsoring a Phoenix Brighton studio space for up to three School of Art 2018 graduates to share for a year! Winners will enjoy free shared space at the Phoenix Brighton gallery in Waterloo Place, Brighton.
Interested? For more information and to apply visit the university website
Closing Date: 30 April 2018
Lawn and Meadow Guest Curator – Shrewsbury
An opportunity for a guest curator to select and install an exhibition in the Participate Contemporary Artspace, Shrewsbury. To coincide with the International Shrewsbury Flower Show, Participate is running an open submission art exhibition, Lawn and Meadow (24 July-11 August) exploring ideas about how we engage with nature and control our environment. Curator’s honorarium fee: £300.
Full details can be found online
Closing Date: 21 May 2018
Worthing Light Festival – call for entries
The festival runs 14-16 September 2018 and consists of art sculptures on Worthing beach lit by renewable energy. Any artwork is permitted, however submissions needs to be designed to withstand 48 hours on the beach and must be illuminated with renewable energy. A prize of £100 is available.
Visit the Light Festival website for further information.
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
Beep Painting Biennial 2018
Open to UK and international artists, beep (biennial exhibition of painting) is a contemporary international painting prize based in Swansea, Wales. Taking place at different venues every two years, beep supports imaginative and vibrant practice in contemporary painting. Free to enter.
More information is available on the beep website
Closing Date: 18 June 2018
Looking for help with researching and applying for opportunities?
– Download our guide to Looking for Opportunities in Art and Design which lists the main sources of jobs and other opportunities including commissions, residencies, competitions, exhibitions and funding and more. Paper copies available at Student Centre, ground floor Grand Parade Main Building and the Careers Service, G5 Cockcroft building, Moulsecoomb campus.
– Explore your career options in creative arts and design via the Careers Service website
– Get advice on making your CV stand out on our CVs, applications and interviews page
– Book an appointment with the Career Development Advisor at City Campus, tel: 01273 643187
– Register with Active Student to find a volunteering placement in your local community. Many opportunities are available in the arts and humanities. Visit their website for more information.