Free workshop: ‘Protect Your Ideas’
Wednesday 18 April, 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm REGISTER FREE (STUDENT/GRADUATE/STAFF)
Photo: Edna Winti (CC by 2.0)
Join us for the final beepurple workshop of 2017/18, where we will discover how to protect your ideas and creations using patents, trademarks, registered designs and copyright. Book free now (students, staff and graduates of the University of Brighton).
Included in this insightful introduction from intellectual property (IP) expert Dr Ian Goodyer:
- Understand the key areas of IP protection and discover which ones may be relevant to your idea;
- Learn all the costs involved in IP protection, as well as timescales and how to submit strong applications;
- Uncover the financial benefits of asserting your IP rights;
- Find out what you can and can’t patent, what you should trademark and when you should register a design;
- Get your questions answered on the IP law and regulation, as well as advice on the realities of protecting your work in the global business environment.
You’re guaranteed to gain valuable new knowledge in this essential session for anyone creating products, producing creative works or developing a brand.
Registration is free to students, graduates and staff of the University of Brighton.
A limited number of spaces are available to external guests for a fee of £20.