Co-working space for artists – competition opportunity
SPACES Brighton is a brand new building featuring co-working space, serviced offices, meeting rooms and a terrace with sea views opening up at the end of August this year. SPACES, originating from the Netherlands, features bright and modern interiors where statement pieces of furniture meet cool and stylish design, creating an exciting place to do business.
They are currently inviting local artists to submit their ideas for a unique and bespoke piece of art for the venue that will showcase the artist’s talent while capturing the ‘SPIRIT OF BRIGHTON’.
There will be several spaces to choose from over the coming months and they will keep you updated as soon as they are ready. But for now, they would like to feature a striking piece of Brighton-themed art to cover a wall on the fifth floor, next to the staircase that leads to the club lounge, rooftop bar and the roof terrace that has sea views. They would like the artwork to be completed during a live painting session at their launch event on Thursday 28 September, from 5 pm to 9 pm (should more time than this be needed they can arrange for the artist to do as much preparation as necessary beforehand and complete the work during the launch event).
In return they are offering:
- Complimentary membership in the co-working space for 6 months (worth £1,500)
- Access to all their business networking and social events for 6 months
- Cost of materials and associated expenses eg. travel to and from the venue (up to £1,000)
- Exposure to up to 200 guests at the launch event
- The opportunity to exhibit more of artwork (framed or on canvas) in the venue for six months after the launch
- Exposure in all post-launch comms and follow-up
- A copy of the time-lapse video for their own use and to add to their portfolio
- Free underground parking at the venue while the artist is working on the mural
For more information and to apply, download this form.
Submissions need to be made no later than Friday 25 August 2017.