Win £500 with The JC Reid Breakthrough Award for Venture Creation!
Win a grant of £500! Have you set up your own business or social enterprise during the last academic year 2015-16? Are you a University of Brighton student, about to go into your second or third year of study? Have you been trading for at least 6 months?
If you answer “yes” to all these questions, then apply for The JC Reid Breakthrough Award for Venture Creation!
This award has been established by JC Reid, a former Business School student who established Skint Records in the 1990s. The award is intended to recognise the success of students who have taken the step to establish a business or venture.
To apply for this grant, please email the beepurple team the following information:
- The name of your venture
- The date you started up
- A description of your products and services, and how your venture benefits your customers/end users (250 words maximum)
- A copy of your business plan, business model canvas, or equivalent (templates can be provided if needed)
- Reflections from the first 6-12 months, including challenges and achievements (500 words maximum)
- Goals for the next 6-12 months (250 words maximum)
- Outline of how the grant will be used in your venture
Email your submission to the beepurple team (email@example.com) by 5:00pm pm on Friday, 14 October 2016.
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel comprising University of Brighton staff, local entrepreneurs, and JC Reid. The judges will award one applicant who has developed an innovative idea which has clear benefits to their customers/end users, and who has successfully started generating income.
The winner will receive a grant of £500 to further develop their venture, payable in the Autumn term on successful re-enrolment, and meeting award criteria (including providing a thank you message for the donor).
The winner will formally be recognised at the university’s annual Student and Staff Celebration event on 23 November 2016.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.