What’s an Active Student drop-in all about?
Drop-in to what?
Active Student work with local community organisations, charities and all parts of the public sector to help you find a volunteering opportunity that’s safe, supported and rewarding. We have an Active Student Volunteering Project Officer (VPO for short) on every campus and we all hold regular drop-ins.
What happens at an Active Student drop-in?
You get to chat to a friendly member of staff all about volunteering. Here at Active Student, we live and breathe volunteering so you can come chat to us at the drop-ins, whether :
- it’s about a specific volunteering role you want to find out more about
- you have a really empty CV and want to gain some valuable experience
- you want to build on your employability skills
- you’re trying to figure out how to find volunteering roles on the Vacancy and Events Service
- you’ve already registered with Active Student and you want to update us on how your volunteering is going
- you just want to find out more about volunteering.
What am I signing up to?!
Chatting with us doesn’t mean any kind of commitment or signing anything, we have the drop-ins as a way for you to easily reach us and just come chat – we’re a very chatty bunch!
What can I take away?
We always have information on some current volunteering roles including lots of pretty leaflets from the organisations. As an added bonus for just having a chat, we’ve got some fabulous stress keyrings for you and usually sweeties too! As a part of Student Services, we can also let you know who to contact with anything else that you’ve got going on that you might need support with.
Sounds fab! What next?
Drop-ins on all campuses are throughout term-times so take a look at our calendar to see when the next one nearest to you is. We also put reminders out on the Facebook campus groups and other related Facebook groups (and the Careers Service Twitter). Just rock up to the next drop-in and come chat!