Do you have a good eye for detail and great communication skills?
Elm Grove Primary School in Brighton are looking for two volunteers to help them make their School website stand out!
Two volunteers are needed from early September to edit the content of the School’s website. They will be needed to:
- compare the current website to three best practice examples from other schools
- Understand the best parts of those websites and get the School website up to the same standard of clarity and standardisation
- Gather content from the School staff and update the website
- Train some of the School staff on how to update the website themselves.
Training will be given in the CMS used and all volunteering will take place at the School.
This is a great volunteer role for any students that want to:
- Add to their portfolio
- Get involved with a local School and community based volunteering
- Develop their training skills
- Improve their content writing/editing/web design skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good eye for clear web design – any graphic design skills would also be helpful
- Ability to train people (ability to take sometimes complex language and explain it in an easy to understand manner)
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
Time commitment is for a minimum of six months and the application process will include a DBS Check.
If you’re interested in this role:
Register with Active Student by completing and emailing us a registration form: http://about.brighton.ac.uk/careers/volunteer/register-as-a-volunteer/